Protected By DMCA

DMCA.com DO NOT USE ANY element of this page without prior approval. For approval contact me at lizbrian08@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Think on These Things...




I'm not an expert, but I have experienced some things in life.   If experience is to be valued it must be shared. 

As a person that has struggled with depression and anxiety I have had to learn how to get better.  Psychology, although helpful in a crisis, was not my answer.   Medications have not been my answer either. 

The only answer that has worked is to build my relationship with God.  I'm not selling anything here or saying you must believe in God.  I can only share what has saved me.

There are a lot of things out there.  Merely thinking positively is also not the answer.  Because you are still  relying on yourself.  I went through that too with all the motivational stuff too.  It worked for awhile, but then I was struggling again.
We must develop strength, perseverance, steadfastness, and faith in our lives, minds and hearts.  We will go through difficult times, but we will also make it through those times as well. 

I think that our society doesn't help us.  Sometimes it can be difficult for us to find our way.  But we must survive.  There is also thriving and although I am not entirely there I am on my way. 

This time last year I was in the hospital twice for trying to harm myself.  I was so tired of all the struggle.  I was homeless, with no job, to sick to work, without my family for the first time in my life and in all my searching for someone to help me I only found people who were too quick to judge me and put me down.  Talk about kicking a person when they are down.  Now, I realize that the struggle is part of building endurance.  It helps to form and shape our character when the focus is on the one that brings us peace and gives us mercy.

This verse is truly something to ponder.  If we spend our time thinking about the negative, about how others have hurt us and all the things that are going wrong, it WILL effect our emotions negatively. 

However, you can't think of something negative and positive at the same time.  So, fill your mind with positive things.  It is an exercise in discipline and choice. 

I don't have all the answers, but I have found one answer that helps keep me focused on the right things and that is this verse and the one who wrote it.  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Other Pages From the Author of Purely Exposed

Check These Out!!!!!!